Turn Away

 When I turn away I don't have to see the hatred

I don't have to witness the disregard of life

There is a break from the grief and pain in my heart over the inhumane rules we live by and the destruction to our planet

I don't have to hear made up stories or egotistical banter and nonsense to justify the fear and self centered actions of those who so desperately need to feel privileged 

I don't have to see the out of control fires

I don't have to watch the videos of people attacking doctors and scientists

I don't have to hear about those who refuse vaccination and condemn wearing a mask

I think about since the beginning of this country's birth there has been a disregard and brutal treatment of the Native population and people of Color

And to this day there is a full court press to keep Black, Brown, Native and people of color from voting

When I hear those, who out of entitlement and righteousness, preach that they have individual rights to carry guns in public places despite a pandemic of shooting deaths

I lose faith in humanity

How individualistic we've become

For so many the priority is to hold on to their superficial security of having privilege and entitlement

With no regard for the common good

Seeing no value in empathy

When I lose faith in humanity I feel empty

The light inside goes dimmer

And I question this way of life

What does all this mean?

What does my life mean?

What have I done with my time here that has made a difference in the middle of all the self inflicted destruction? All the harm that has been inflicted on our own people and planet?

Does living in this world even matter?

Look at where we've come

We are the same exact people we were from the medieval ages only we have computers and smart phones

Not much to be proud of

I need to turn away

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing My Practice

The Changing Season

How I Spend My Time