Me and the Sky

 My eyes gaze at the sky

The white cotton blends into the grey backdrop

I feel a quiver a sense of loneliness inside my stomach

It's like a message or a note has been passed to me from above

I feel the innocence - the purity - from the space all around and inside me

Has been stolen

The sky is not as clean as it looks

The invisible air isn't so invisible

The faces of strangers aren't as trustworthy as they used to be

My imperfect world that had at one time been a vessel for me to journey in and seek answers - purpose - and meaning

It seems to have stalled

When I look at the sky it tells me "it's tired - it can't breath"

It is overloaded with all the dishonesty - the narcism - the disregard of life and integrity

And this sadness sits inside my core

And I ca't hide it anymore

Like the sky - I grieve 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing My Practice

The Changing Season

How I Spend My Time