Dancing With my Heart

 Inside my heart I dance

I am free

I am joy

I am peace

I am love

When I leave this sacred place, I can't help but get sucked into a persistent pattern of blaming, condemning and judging those who I feel are being shortsighted and evil

I feel righteous in doing so

I react towards those who pollute the planet and disenfranchise others. The ones who feel privileged and entitled

My instinct is to attack

I am in it for the fight 

Which takes me down to my knees in pain and despair

It feels incredibly daunting

How they sneak through the system to attain wealth and power

I am breathless in shock and fear

And I pray from my head

For answers

For Relief

For Escape

For Safety

For Change

For Rehabilitation

I lose my way

I am stuck

My body turns into a vessel - a machine

With no soul

It is lost in chaos

In fear and desperation

I freeze

Caution leads the way

It ignores my heart

And I grasp onto whatever is attractive and charismatic

It may be a movie, show, song, food, political figure, or guru

Anything outside myself

And I spin and grind

It is all in my mind

And I'm trapped in this cycle of life that is interpreted narrowly and superficially

At this elder stage of my time here I'm discovering slowly

There is a presence around my heart

Where wisdom guides

It directs the energy that flows through my veins, arteries, cells and the air that I breath

And I remember to pause

And I see the beauty in the trees, sky, lakes and flowers

I take delight in the cool morning breeze refreshing my skin from the window I am sitting near

And I am back into my heart space

Where the the moment is experienced from compassion

And I know what freedom, peace and joy really are

And I have no regrets


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing My Practice

The Changing Season

How I Spend My Time