My Cocoon

 I remember when I would wake up in the morning

I would ask myself what pants and shirt do I put on?

I remember if it was colder, I would like to wear my brown boots


I remember when I would rehearse in my mind which clients I would be seeing that day

When would be the best time for me to go for my run or work out


I remember placing my laptop, folders. pens, and keys, and any other accessories into the backpack to bring to the office

I might even throw an energy bar or two in an empty pocket


I remember making the vanilla protein shake with spinach, bananas, and frozen mango

It would turn into a creamy green

Usually I'd drink half and bring the rest to the office

I'd finish it at about 10:00 AM just when my most difficult session was usually scheduled


I liked getting to the office early to give me time to settle in before my first client 

I might read their chart to catch me up or read the newspaper online to see the latest on the Vikings or Timberwolves

Sometimes I would workout before going to the office if my first session was later on in the morning or early afternoon


These days my routine has shifted

There is no strategy for how to dress

I usually am wearing slippers or sneakers

There is no packing office supplies or morning preparations


I am in my cocoon for the day

Waiting to transform

Hoping that the world outside is preparing for my return

Waiting for signs whatever danger is out there has passed on


These days I keep safe in the protective shield of the house that protects me from the chaos out there


Inside my body I feel the change of my world and how it is now

How it has shrunk

No places to go to

Nowhere to be

The cocoon that keeps me safe and alive

That holds me


I remember how I used to long for the way it used to be

These days I hold onto what I have now

A cocoon that is warm and peaceful

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing My Practice

How I Spend My Time

The Changing Season